Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Date night!

Friday night Lance took L on her first date. Originally they were going to attend the Daddy/Daughter dance at the Children's Museam. But, evidently, this is the social event of the year for the 3-6 y.o. set and he didn't get a reservation soon enough.

So...instead Lance let L select where she would like to go. And her choice? a little mouse place - Chuck E. Cheese.

Here is a pic of them in the photo booth:



This was a fun time for them and N and I enjoyed our time together Friday night as well. I love it when all of us are together, but sometimes it's fun to enjoy the one-on-one time and get to create special memories that are all their own.

We are realizing more and more everyday that even though these two are only 3 years apart they are interested in very different things. N has moved on to more "mature" things like burping his ABCs and watching America's Funniest Home Videos while L still likes watching Dora and playing Hungry, Hungry, Hippos 15 times in a row.

Fun times!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Great picture. We have one of Shane and S. Word to the wise, those pictures at CEC bring out every little wrinkle. Lance looks pretty good though. I guess Shane has more wrinkles. I'm glad they had a good time. I remember Hungry Hungry Hippo. That game was clearly invented by someone that thought it would be fun to drive a parent insane. Its so loud!

Jeannie said...

I LOVED Hungry Hungry Hippo when I was growing up!!! But yes, it is loud, so my son has never heard of this particular game :)

Bri said...

Burping his ABC's!!! My kind of kid! I am also partial to the hippos, also.

Becky said...

You really should bring her over here to play Hippos with Anna!!! PLEASE!!!!! Oh please!!! :o)
We love our mommy-son, father-daughter date nights.