Monday, June 29, 2009

I don't really know where to start

So, I've been absent from my blog lately. Not because I didn't have anything to say, quite the opposite in fact. There has been ALOT to say, I just wasn't free to say it.

Today, I am.

We are moving to San Antonio. Lance has accepted a job as student minister at a church there.

This is a BIG change for us. We've lived in BCS for almost 9 years. Our lives are here, friends, jobs, house, schools, everything. We are very excited and it's very clear that this is where God wants us next. But....we still have lots of emotions to process. This is where our children came to us - that alone makes this community a special place!

Yesterday, we were able to tell our church and that was a huge weight lifted from us. It's hard to keep things from people you worship and do life with.

They were so affirming to Lance yesterday and that was nice. Now, we begin the next phase of our transition - trying to sell our house and saying our goodbyes.

So, if you know anyone who'd like a 2-story, 4-bedroom home in Castlegate, send them our way!!! (sorry, shameless plug there!)

I'll write more in the days to come as we process life in transition.

2 comments:

Emily said...

We will all miss you, but glad that you're atleast going to be close enough to visit once in a while. Let us know if you need some relaxing during the transition...lunch or stamping or swimming or you name it!

Becky said...

Wow! My jaw dropped!!! Literally! I guess I never thought of you guys leaving from here!! Ministry, as in Coaching, I guess I should know better than that, hugh?!!!
We just haven't seen enough of you guys over the last years! I hope that we can see you before you leave. Please keep us updated on when that will be!!
Do you have job prospects there?
Wow!
Just wow! And what an exciting area to live in!!!! When we get to Sea World next time, we'll call you to go with us!!