Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Limbo, we're over you

This has been the summer of limbo. We've known pretty much all summer that we'd be moving. Combine that with the regularly scheduled craziness of summer as a youth minister and well, our schedule has been chaotic and at times, minute by minute.

Tonight, the kids and I are spending our last night in College Station and thankfully since we've already said our goodbyes, I'm not emotional. No, instead, I'm watching Hannah Montana with my kids.

Oh yes, the Hannah who we've managed to avoid up until this point, has now found our kids. And L, she just asked if we could go to Hannah's house. Um, no. No,No, and No. I can already tell L is going to care alot more about pop culture than her brother.

Goodbye College Station. You've been good to us. We have life-long friends here and I'm sure we'll be back. But for now, we look forward. We look forward to the joys and the challenges that will meet us in San Antonio. For they will meet us. The good and the bad. The joy and the sorrow. For they are part of life and we wouldn't have it any other way!

I'll be offline for a few days as we transition. But I'll be back with new stories and new faces and some of the old as well.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Gonna miss ya! I can't believe its already here :(.

beckyww said...

Hello there - I found your blog from Debbie's blog. Buckner was our agency - yours? See you are moving to San Antonio. We've been here almost 10 years. GREAT place to rear a family! What church is your husband going to pastor? We attend Shearer Hills Baptist - www.shearerhills.org - and our head pastor, Dowell Loftis, was in BCS for many years. What schools for your kids? Becky Woodworth, http://thisreminds.me