Thursday, December 3, 2009

70 percent

There is a 70% chance of snow tomorrow! Yippee! Who woulda thunk it when we moved here in August and it was 110 degrees. And I'm not exaggerating - it was 110!!!

And no matter whether we get snow or not, there is 100 percent chance of cold which puts me right in the mood for addressing Christmas Cards. I've got all 100 of my cards made, but haven't started addressing any of them. I'm thinking tonight, with a blanket on my lap. Now, if we only had a fireplace in our rent house, it would be perfect.

We've been invited to friends' house tomorrow for dinner and the kids are looking forward to their indoor climbing wall - it's awesome!

Saturday, the kids are going to a gift-making workshop to make gifts for their g-parents while Lance and I shop. And Saturday night, we have our first Christmas party of the season! Add the Christmas musical on Sunday at church and I think we'll be feeling very festive!

This post is oh, so random ---- kinda like life since we moved.

The kids are doing great - N had straight A's the first 9 weeks and has really blossomed with his reading and science this year. He has impressed his teacher with all his knowledge and I must say I'm impressed too. He can name all the planets, moons, and asteroid belts in the solar system. Plus a whole bunch of other stuff that I never really cared if I knew or not, but is now a whole lot more interesting to me because of the cute boy telling me about it.

Here is a link to one interesting story that my dad found for him and that N has now shared with everyone he meets. This is a true story of a lake in Louisiana that disappeared in moments. It really is pretty fascinating stuff.

L is continuing to amaze us with her awesome art skills. Her birthmom and her maternal birth grandfather are both very talented artists and it's very obvious she has been gifted in this area. Her art skills are far beyond the average 4 y.o. Not that I'm biased or anything. She is also already taller than N was at her age and he's no shorty. So, I think Lance and I will be little midget people compared to our children even before osteoporosis sets in.

And now, I must be off to find the one closed toe pair of shoes I own and my only full-length pants so that I won't freeze tomorrow, 'cause I do live in the tropics ya' know.

4 comments:

Bettie said...

Glad to see you had time to post today. I miss your updates. Sounds like you will get snow and our chances are dwindling. Enjoy the holiday events!

Jenn said...

I miss you too! Glad to hear all is well. Look forward to more updates.

Ladybug Fanatic/Monkey Tales said...

Sounds like everyone is doing well! That is so good to hear. Enjoy the snow - if you get any. I'm headed to SA this evening for the weekend...hoping it doesn't snow while I'm driving.

Becky said...

Hope you all got more snow than we did!! Disappointing here....not like last year!