Friday, August 22, 2008

We're back!

We had a great time in South Padre. There is still ALOT of devastation down there, but the locals were soooo glad to see tourists and we were happy to stimulate their economy! My goal is to have my pictures downloaded and on my blog by Monday!

Highlights of the trip:

Both kids loved Schlitterbahn which is a HUGE relief to Lance and I as it's one of our favorite places to go in the summertime!

The beach was great too and only about 100 yards out our front door. The kiddos collected shells and even saw a crab!!

Making it to our house after driving straight back - 8 hours my friends, 8 hours...and we don't have a DVD in our car! Wow, were we glad to be home!

We met N's new 1st grade teacher last night and she seems very nice. She already knew the kids' names and was setting the precedent for the rules - this is impressive. She is young and this is her 4th year to teach. N has one of his best friends in his class which will be great as long as they don't get into too much trouble!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad you all had a great time.

Bri said...

Yay! Glad you had fun!

Emily said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you liked schlitterbahn! of the three, I think that one is my fav, just too bad it's the farthest away.

Becky said...

Glad you made it back and had fun. I loved SP and would like to go back with the kids. I was wondering how long the drive was. I was nearly 12 I think from East Tx. when I made the trip as a teen! So, that seems close to me! ha!