Friday, July 3, 2009

The Love of Friends




This beautiful note of friendship was on our doorstep today. We aren't home alot right now since we are trying to sell our house and HELLO we have young children who like to make messes and what not. So, this note from a friend of N, was friendship from the 6-7 year old set.

In case you aren't familiar with reading things written by kindergarten and 1st graders (which I wasn't until 2 years ago myself and I now consider myself somewhat of an expert) :) I will translate:

To N:
From: Kai

I knocked on your door today and nobody answered and I just wanted to play with you.
Bye N

I am sooo glad N is still in the innocent stage of friends where being real and true is still what is happening. They aren't trying to be cool yet or playing games with one another that are cruel. They just love.

May we, the grown-ups, be as tender and real with our friends.

4 comments:

Becky said...

That is so sweet! I enjoyed reading it myself...I like to interpret such early writing....it makes me miss teaching a lot though!
I know N will miss his friends here but will make many more there...as will you all.

Jenn said...

What a sweet note. And can you believe I was able to read it?!

Ladybug Fanatic/Monkey Tales said...

cute, cute! I was able to read it too :)

Bri said...

So sweet! I love the kiddos! I am impresses with my translations skills!!