Saturday, January 2, 2010

New favorite

I have a new favorite book. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. He has been one of my favorite authors for several years. The Notebook and Message in a Bottle are by him as well.

The Last Song is a love story, but it's not the main focus of the story. The main focus is actually the relationship between father and daughter.

I highly recommend this book!

And while I was watching The Princess and the Frog, I discovered there is already a movie in the works for The Last Song. :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I saw the same preview. When I find the time to read again...I'm sure it will make it on my list (its getting longer by the minute). I loved the Princess and the Frog, such a cute movie. My favorite character was Ray...I loved the no teeth. I took S and she did so good. She never wanted to leave or go to the bathroom. She just had to sit on my lap the entire time...heh.

Dad said...

Hmmm...

A father and a daughter, huh?

Yep, I would say there's some possibilities there:
- coming home from work in Indianapolis to find little Jennie in her long blue gown snuggling on my shoulder in about as sweet a moment as there ever was
- watching in fear as 10-year Jennie raced toward the edge of the Grand Canyon over and over again that day having to learn that she's able to take care of herself
- reading Dr. Seuss' Oh, the Places You'll Go book knowing that she was going to be going -- soon
- watching an IMAX movie in San Antonio with her whole bunch; now my bunch too

Great memories...and there's still more to come