Thursday, May 7, 2009

Chatterbox

Four year olds talk. ALOT. I had forgotten this since the last time we had a four year old living in our house 3 years ago.

The difference?

N asked ALOT of questions. You know the ones ----why?

L - not too many questions, just talks about every.little.thing. that pops into her mind. Oh, the excitement of life!

So, I'm wondering, is this the difference between boys and girls? Or just my two? N ever curious and trying to figure out how everything works and L gearing up for the "gabfest" of her high school and college years.

Either way the talk is equal parts hysterical entertainment (last night, she was copying Ryan Seacrest's intro to American Idol...."This. Is. AmericanIdol.") and equal parts maddening (sometimes you just want 5 seconds of silence).

But, I know this day too will pass quickly and I don't want to wish these days away. So for now, you'll be seeing us rolling on the ground laughing or plugging our ears with cotton balls!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Too funny!
Yes, exactly the same way here with the boy and the girl! Guess it is naturally in the wiring!!
I so know what you mean!!! ;o)

Jenn said...

I guess I'll never know the difference....poor Shane.