Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Friends

Aren't friends great? I've been down in the dumps the last week. I've had several frustrating things happen at work that have seriously impaired my ability to do my job IN THE BUSIEST TIME OF YEAR for us! No, I'm not bitter or anything!!!! Well, my friends have noticed that tone in my voice and have given me extra grace and patience this week. I'm so thankful for that!

N is a lover of people - I can't wait to see how God uses this quality in him as he grows. I pray he will use it to love others in a way that some of us find challenging. I pray that he uses it unselfishly, not just in a way to be "popular". Of all the exciting things he's gotten to do so far this summer (and he's already done quite a few), he is most excited about time spent with friends. Even more than going to the movies or going swimming. I'm so proud of him! He has made a new "best friend" at summer day camp although he can't remember the child's name yet - oh, those details!!! Us gals would know her name and her entire life history, but those boys....as long as they are playing and doing guy stuff, who cares about details?!?

L is beginning to have some little friendships. So far, she is much shyer than N - she still hides behind me when people talk to her, but she does talk about one little friend, Steed, all the time! She tells me about Steed's daddy spanking him and about how Steed didn't listen to her talking! It cracks me up!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Friends are important...I'm glad to call you one.

Bri said...

There is nothing like a friend that knows something is up before you tell them! Thank goodness for friends!

Becky said...

Hope things are going better! :o)