Thursday, October 2, 2008

It was a mighty big finger

I don't know if any of you were out last night and saw the moon, but if you were and if you did, you may have noticed what my kids did. The moon, it was in the shape of a fingernail trimming. On the way home from church last night, L looks up in the sky and says,"Look momma,it's a fingernail and a star in the sky." And sure enough, it did look just like that. I'm sure there is a technical term for the moon last night, maybe waxing or waning, or something very astronomy-related, but from now on in our house, it's a fingernail moon. Feel free to take our technical term and use it as your own. 'Cause I know you want to.

Also on the way home last night, N was practicing his books of the Bible. He can say all the way thru Song of Solomon already --I'm very impressed. So then L had to start saying them as well. She did really well, but then got a little confused. I think she may have invented several new books---like 1st and 2nd Jacob and 1st and
2nd God. But you know, at least she got names that were from the Bible and all. She didn't mention 1st and 2nd Madison or 1st and 2nd Barbie or anything crazy like that.

1 comment:

Ladybug Fanatic/Monkey Tales said...

Hmm. Fingernail moon. I'll have to remember that.