Friday, October 17, 2008

You know you're old when...

and no I'm actually not talking about me. After the week o'scatter I've had, you may be wondering, but actually, this involves Lance.

He received in the mail this very week....

An invitation to prepurchase cemetary plots and headstones....okay, not too unusual maybe, I'm sure we could get a better deal on them now than many years in the future. But, the funny thing about the invitation was that it said it was open to all senior citizens. Oh, I kid you not. This made me chuckle. Lance said, "It's a scam." Which it probably is, but why did he get an invite? He's 39 and won't be 40 until December. Is 40 now the qualifying age for Senior Citizen? If so, we're in big trouble!

Now, I was planning to take a picture of this invitation and post it here so you could see this was real, but the hubby....he had other plans, he tore it right up.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh, how I sympathize!!! I would have torn it up too!
After the time I had with 4-0 last month, something like that in the mail would have sent me over the edge 4-sure!!!