Thursday, November 20, 2008

Crafting

Tuesday night was Card Club night at Jennifer's - it was super fun! She had good food and great Christmas Card projects. And of course the best part was the company of friends!

Emily was so sweet and brought me one of her awesome CD covers complete with the Michael W. Smith CD that was recorded during our trip to Houston last summer. Thanks Emily!!

I've found a site that has super cute letters and such --some things they make and some you can do-it-yourself! It's called Say It with Letters - it's an Etsy shop and I have my eye on something for my master bedroom. It's a Fancy Schmancy Letter (no really, that's what it's called!) and they can make it in custom sizes.

I have this vision for what our bedroom will look like someday and it includes the letter M in a custom size - in silver! We'll see if I can make it happen. I'm thinking a bedroom redo would be an awesome thing as Lance and I get closer to our 15th anniversary next August. I have visions of changing the pulls on our furniture to silver and painting the room a beautiful lavender/grey - I love the feel of those colors with the mahogany furniture we have. I would also LOVE to have mirrored chests as our nightstands. Do you think that is too over the top?!? We have a 4 poster rice bed so our furniture is already big and traditional. I will definitely have to find these chests for less money, but I love the look!

Ah, dreams, plans, and ideas....now if I can just implement them!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds awesome...you could always silver leaf them yourself. Less expensive but more labor.

deb said...

Thanks for the mention. :) Love the sound of your master bedroom.

I've been hearing about Twilight everywhere!! Makes me feel like I need to see it. HA! However, getting any spare time with 7 month twins is non existent! Have a happy Thanksgiving.