Friday, November 14, 2008

A different week

This week was unusual for us. Lance took the entire week off. It was great! He was home every evening and we got LOTS of family time. It's made a big difference for the kiddos - especially L. She has had lots of Daddy time and I think it's done her a world of good. She is usually glued to me, but this week, she got to:

have Daddy take her to dance class - which he LOVED! This is a highlight of our week!
wrestle with Daddy and Bubba!
Have Daddy change her sheets in the middle of the night when she had an "accident"
Play "Trouble" and "Clue Jr"

Bubba too has benefitted from Daddy's vacay - except for Monday, Lance has picked him up from school each afternoon
They've worked on homework, painted N's room and rearranged the furniture - hoping to have pics up next week - but ya know, it could be 2 weeks or 25.

Lance is also planting some new crepe myrtles in our yard ---love these weeks of accomplishment!

And me, yes, having a husband around has been nice - tonight we even get to have date night!!! It's been months since our last one, so excitement abounds. Although I have to say, there are really no movies I want to see right now. Why does that always happen? When we can't go out, there are tons of movies? But tonight, not so much, so I think we'll probably see the new James Bond. Not even sure of the name, but Lance will enjoy it, so there ya go!

And to top it all off, he also has Sunday off!!! So, we are headed to San Antonio after the soccer game on Saturday. I'll write more next week about our adventures in SA - we have something special planned for Sunday afternoon!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Ladybug Fanatic/Monkey Tales said...

Have a safe trip!

Jenn said...

I know you have enjoyed this week and I'm sure this weekend will be awesome! Enjoy it!

I hope you are able to go to Acenar.

Emily said...

sounds like it's been a week of Q.T....good for you!

Becky said...

Love those time together!! Just wrote about some of ours this weekend! Wish I were going to SA too!! Have fun!