Thursday, September 11, 2008

The big tease

Ike, are you like your friend Gustav? Are you going to merely tease with your bad behavior? I know Gustav was bad and it was good to evacuate, but....in our town 200 miles from the coast, we are constantly being teased with these storms.

For instance, during Rita everything here shut down including the mall. The mall which only closes for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. And the result of the closings...a little bit of wind and I think 5 drops o' rain.

Now, Ike, I do believe you will give us some rain, but I'm not sure about anything else....

Big Mama has a funny post today on her blog about this very subject. She lives in San Antonio. Please read to the end of her post and you will be glad you did. Chuckle, I did...oh yes.

So, tomorrow, while it rains, our community will be loving on those from affected areas and enjoying quality indoor activities with our children. Sounds good to me!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Big Mama's blog was hilarious.

Ladybug Fanatic/Monkey Tales said...

I agree, Big Mama's blog was hilarious...and I'm with you on Ike. This town has gone bonkers.