Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blah,Blah, Blah

Today is blah. Yesterday was more blah. Sunday was the blahest. So, things they are a lookin' up.

I got strep throat. No fun, no fun at all. I usually get it every other year. The last time I got it was the week before we moved into our new house. I don't like getting it, but the good thing is I can usually diagnose myself. The strep test is a mere formality my friends.

In my quest to have a weekend out of the house, I was able to at least get Saturday out of the house and it was fun! I went to Stamp Camp and made lots of cute cards and got inspired to come up with some creations of my own. I made 6 cards at camp and 6 more later that day. Oh yes, I was a busy bee, I was. And no, no pics, but I will work on that, I truly will.

We also went to a benefit for a church member going thru cancer treatments. They had a great turnout and had lots of auction items--we are hopeful they were able to raise the money they need for the treatments. My kids favorite part of the evening was the playground at the Wellborn Community Center. It's retro. Like really retro, they have toys there that were probably old when I was a kid. Things like seesaws and these awesome horse swings that even the littlest tikes can do themselves. Really cute.

The soccer game for the boy...yeah, we won. 9 to 4. The score doesn't matter, but the game sure is more fun when goals are being made.

So, then Sunday, I was back to my casa for a time of rest and hacking and chills and fever....yuckers.

Today, I'm feeling better but taking it slow, 'cause you know if I have to be locked in my house again this weekend, I will be screaming! And you might be too, just from the shear boredom of my posts. :)

3 comments:

Bri said...

I'm sorry you've been sick! I hate that!

I'm glad your creative side was inspired this weekend. Mine was too, and as soon as I find my camera I am going to post the products of my creativity!

Hope you feel much better quickly!

Ladybug Fanatic/Monkey Tales said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! It's amazing how we saw you on Saturday and you looked fine...just to get sick on Sunday. I should post our projects from stamp camp later this week. I can't wait to see what other projects you worked on :)

Emily said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather!